top of page
Great Dane | 110lbs (underweight) | Male | 2yrs old | Good with dogs | Unknown with cats | Unknown with kids | Crate trained | House trained | Fostered in Guelph, ON
Vetting: Leo is a sweet soul who came to us to hopefully get to the bottom of his recent medical issues. As you can see, he’s quite underweight because he’s been dealing with chronic vomiting and diarrhea for a few months. Unfortunately his family wasn’t able to do an extensive vet work up, so we are very glad he’s with us now!
Adoption Fee: $450
- Breed: Great Dane
- Age/Weight: 2 years (~100lbs - underweight)
- Good with dogs: Yes
- Good with cats: Unknown
- Good with kids: Older kids
- Good with strangers: Yes
- Crate trained: Yes - will whine as he settles
- House trained: Yes
- Leash skills: Great on a transitional leash
- Apartment appropriate: Not at this time
- Storms: Unknown
- Vet Visits: Great at the vet! Wiggly but otherwise lovely.
- Good in car: Yes
- Prey Drive: None seen so far
- Flight risk: No
- Energy level: Medium but will likely increase as he gets better
- Shedding Level: Low (at this time)
- Medical Issues: Leo is a sweet soul who came to us to hopefully get to the bottom of his recent medical issues. As you can see, he’s quite underweight because he’s been dealing with chronic vomiting and diarrhea for a few months. Unfortunately his family wasn’t able to do an extensive vet work up, so we are very glad he’s with us now!
We’ve started some diagnostics under the care of some great veterinarians, and trust us that we will be doing everything we can for this man! If you would like to support his journey please share & of course financial support is always appreciated to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Known commands: crate, sit, down
- Guarding issues: None seen so far
- Other behavioural issues: None seen so far
- Why are they with Tango’s Lead?: Leo came to us through a kill shelter in Quebec.
Best quality: Leo is absolutely lovely with people! He loves people of all sizes but he also forgets his size and strength sometimes.
Worst quality: Thinks that he is a lap dog (not a bad quality for some people but for others, he could squish us)
* Although Leo had some issues with weight lose before coming to us, he has been gaining consistent weight so far and once he is at his ultimate weight, he will likely be between 130-140lbs.
** Leo is great in the house. He does need room as he is a big boy, but if given the space, he can actually make himself quite small.
* Leo has FOMO. He loves dogs and people but he does not know how to be independent yet and does not understand social cues from his dog friends without his human advocate (yet).
** Leo takes some time to settle in his crate but once he does, he does well and is able to do a full work day with no issues (especially with a well stuffed toy!
Leo is being fostered in Guelph, ON
bottom of page